What Is Pingback?
Pingback is kind of comments notification in WordPress. When someone links your blog post link on their own blog. There you get WordPress Pingback notification from WordPress.
Pingback has the ability to communicate between WordPress website. You may be thinking isn’t that good for our SEO if someone interlinks our post link on their own blog post? YES it true, but some of the bloggers find it so annoying.
Because when you get pingback comments, that pingback appears on your blog post comments section when you approve it.
Here is the example why you get WordPress Pingback?
- let suppose If I write a post for my blog.
- Then you write a post for your blog where you link my blog post to your own blog post.
- After link my Blog post to your one here WordPress uses pingback notification with some detail on author on WordPress comment section.
- Then we have multiple choice, delete pingback, approve pingback, trash it or spam it.
What is self-pingback?
Example of self-pingback.
- let suppose If I write A post for my blog.
- Then the next day I write another post for my blog. and I link URL of Post that I wrote last day.
- WordPress sends self-pingback that your blog post link has been linked with the new post.
- Here I also have multiple Choice, delete pingback, approve pingback, trash it or spam it.
There are several ways to get rid of self-pingbacks. You can use WordPress plugins or you can do that editing your blog Post URL before using it on your new blog post.
1. No self-pingback
Just install the No self-pingback plugin and activate it, no Setting or extra work required. It will automatically disable self-pingback. A problem with this plugin I find is that it has not been updated for one year. But No self-pingback plugin is the popular plugin for self-pingbacks.
but I really recommend you not to use this plugin that hasn’t been updated so long.
Disabler is another WordPress plugin which also works like No self-pingback Plugin. Disabler also can be used to disable self-pingbacks. Let’s install disabler and configure it and get rid of self-pingbacks.
Login to your wp-admin account and then click on add new. Search for disabler plugin.
Once you searched for disabler then click on install now.
After installation simply activate the plugin.
It’s time to disable the self-pingback, go to setting » disabler. Once you clicked on disabler plugin scroll down there will find out written Disable self-pings (i,e. trackbacks/pings from your own domain).
Check “disable self-pings” once you mark it check click on save the setting.
This is how we could disable self-pingbacks using WordPress plugins. Now let’s disable self-pingbacks editing your post link.
3. Disabling self-pingbacks editing post link
I just past link of my blog post for example. If you use a full link to link your post to another post like above one then you will definitely get self-pingbacks.
You can use this way:
To not get self-pingback you need to remove your domain name including.COM like the second link as shown above. if you remove your domain including.com then you won’t get any pingback.
Find it Helpful? Please go ahead and comment below if it helped.